CDOT | Chicago Riverwalk, Michigan Avenue to State Street
- Electrical Engineering
- Lighting Design
- Bridge Lighting
- Underbridge Lighting
- LED Lighting
SINGH provided electrical engineering and lighting design as a sub-consultant to Collins Engineers for the section of the Chicago Riverwalk spanning Michigan Avenue to State Street. SINGH was tasked with designing aesthetic lighting that would meet Chicago Bureau of Electricity Standards and IES criteria while providing a safe environment for pedestrians.
SINGH provided design engineering services for:
- Pedestrian and decorative/architectural lighting for river walk
- LED handrail system integrated into existing stone stairway
- Relocation of shore power
- Modified existing navigation lighting system
- Unique lighting system for Wabash Avenue under-bridge canopy
In addition to the Riverwalk scope of work, SINGH was responsible for lighting design for the adjacent Michigan Avenue Bridge, the gateway to Chicago’s “Magnificent Mile”. SINGH’s scope included providing flag lighting and architectural lighting for a new historic railing which required complex mounting methods to coordinate with architectural work and careful construction in terms of wiring and photo control.