- Roadway Engineering
- Plaza Design
- Drainage Design
- Pavement Marking + Signing
- Electrical Engineering
- Complex Roadway Lighting
- Interchange Lighting
- ITS Infrastructure Design
- Construction Support
SINGH as a member of the Joint Venture (JV) DSE selected by the Illinois Tollway for engineering design services for a new section of the Elgin-O’Hare Tollway from Lively Boulevard to Supreme Drive. The project scope included the construction of new bridges, ramps, interchanges, toll plazas, frontage roads, retaining walls, and 1.3 miles of mainline pavement. The scope of work also included a drainage system with several detention ponds, resolving a multitude of utility conflicts, erosion control, landscaping, pavement markings and signage, complex roadway lighting, maintenance of traffic, traffic signal design, ITS infrastructure, and the reconstruction and widening of IL 83, Lively Boulevard, and Supreme Drive.
SINGH is involved in the overall project management, design, coordination, and QA/QC for the project. Specific scope of work items handled by SINGH design staff includes:
- Civil engineering design services for Westbound (WB) and Eastbound (EB) Mainline Toll Plazas including: toll plaza special pavement sections and complete plaza civil plans. The plaza plan included safety barriers, guardrails, foundations for tolling gentries, and auxiliary plaza pavement sections.
- Pavement Marking + Signing for mainline, frontage roads, IL 83, Lively Boulevard, and Supreme Drive. The signing design included the ultimate built-up condition as well as three interim stages and involved extensive coordination with two adjacent contracts.
- Lighting Design (mainline and ramps) including: photometric and voltage drop calculations, raceway and wire sizing, and controller and switchgear sizing.
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Infrastructure including: CCTV Cameras, Roadway and Weather Information System (RWIS) sensors, Remote Traffic Microwave Sensors (RTMS), radio communications towers, and the utilization of Smart Work Zone design.
- Electrical engineering design for Toll Plaza buildings and electronic tolling equipment.
- Landscaping Plans for EB Frontage Road and Lively Boulevard.